Welcome to St. John’s! We hope you will find something here that speaks to you — and will bring you to visit our parish, either on-line or in-person.
St. John’s is a vibrant Christian community of all ages and backgrounds. We gather regularly to worship God, to meet the needs of our community, and to share God’s love with each other. Our parish family has always placed a high value on the needs of our children, and continues to offer resources during our pandemic. We havebeen in downtown Sharon for over 150 years, and our connections to the wider community are an important part of who we are.
While many would describe our worship as “traditional”, you are likely to hear both laughter and children during our liturgy. We love to sing, and we know how to wait for God in silence.
We are part of the Episcopal Church and the Diocese of Northwestern Pennsylvania.
Our parish purpose statement is Worship God, Care for People, and Grow as Christians. The guiding principles for our life together are:
- We ask for God’s guidance and power to do the work he has given us to do.
- We undertake activities to develop loving relationships among all people.
- We are hospitable and welcoming, inviting newcomers and strangers to join us.
- We do what we do well for the glory of God.
- We enjoy our work together and have fun doing it.
- We engage the wider community in the work we do.
We are all on a journey together to know and love God, and we believe we can do that more effectively traveling with each other.
I hope you will join us on that journey.