Worship is at the center of our life at St. John’s. The goal of our worship life is to help people come into a deeper encounter with God. Every week we gather to hear scripture, to offer prayers, and to break bread together. Grounded in the Book of Common Prayer, our liturgy aims to be Spirit-filled, inspiring and welcoming. While some would describe our worship as traditional, we appreciate laughter and the sound of children’s voices. We are also not afraid of the sound of silence.
- Sundays at 8:00am, St. John’s will offer a service in our sanctuary with masks and social distancing. Please enter through the doors on the corner of State Street and Irvine Avenue. Click here for an 8:00 Worship Bulletin for Sunday, June 13.
- Sundays at 10:00am, St. John’s will offer a service in our State Street Parking Lot. Please come and park facing the Allen Hall doors. The service will be broadcast using an FM transmitter at 93.1 FM. (See below for other Sunday morning options on-line this week.) These services will also be streamed via our Facebook page. Click here for a 10:00am Worship Bulletin for Sunday, June 13.
During the Week
- On Wednesdays at 5:30pm, St. John’s will be offering a on-line worship via Zoom. These services include scripture readings, a short sermon, and Ron playing piano and leading us in song. You can log in via computer or dial in via phone. This log-in and phone number code will be the code for all of St. John’s on-line worship services going forward. https://zoom.us/j/2607141332 Telephone dial in number is: 646 558 8656, use code 260 714 1332
- Ron offers Noonday Prayer, at Noon on Monday-Friday on our Facebook page.(https://www.facebook.
- Our Diocesan Partnership offers prayers for the congregations of the Dioceses of Northwestern Pennsylvania and Western New York at Noon on Monday-Friday on their Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/
For a description of why we do what we do in worship, you can read the explanations from our Instructed Eucharist.
Links to a selection of sermons preached at St. John’s can be found here.